Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!




Happy Fourth of July!! Delicious potato salad, savory cooked- out hamburgers, and the all-American Dr. Pepper has been prepared, and the fireworks are ripe for the um, firing. Currently I am enjoying the "A Capitol Fourth" segment with some awe-inspiring anthems and other tear-to-the-eye tunes that are enough to make any American feel proud of the nation we all share, no matter how far away we may be (did I mention Jackie Evancho sings the "Star-Spangled Banner"? 

 

Today we also went to put some memorial flowers on my grandfather and uncle's graves as we do every year to commemorate their service to the country. I honestly was going to try to dress a little better, but it was one of those get-up-and-get-dressed in a timely manner days. But it IS red, white, and blue. I couldn't not wear Old Glory. It would just seem wrong, in my opinion. Or I could just be off my all-American rocker, who knows. :)

From one America-loving lady to another, hope you all have a perfectly lovely Fourth of July! 

Top/Skirt/Purse/Floppy Hat: Gifted, Undershirt, Flipflops: Walmart

xoxoxoxoxo, Lady S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for a lovely comment.