Friday, March 2, 2018

The Darling Physique: Fitness Goals for 2018

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Bonjour!   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


To kick off the start of my new wellness plan for the year, I composed my first fitness flatlay of 2018. Why am I focusing on exercise and healthy workout habits when I barely tip the scales over 100 lbs? Let me tell you a little story about my previous brushes with *shudder* athleticism. 

First of all, I was often one of those pick-for-last type of players at recess/PE. Why? Because my sport skills stink and my ability to show myself in excellent shape is about as likely as a squirrel who has been hit by a car or two and left along the side of the road. Sound depressing? Wait until my later years. 

In college I decided to ride my bike 3-5 miles into town on my way to participate in a research study. This decision was made hastily after a night of potato-couching and a lifetime of MUCH smaller bike expeditions. Also, I hadn't even eaten breakfast before I left. Yet here I was, pedaling my little legs to death trying to make it across a city previously never traversed by myself and my bike. I got as far as the downtown police station before I had to stop and vomit on the sidewalk; fortunately, there were no officers dutifully patrolling the grounds at that moment. UNfortunately, a lady happened past in her motorized wheelchair, saw me clinging to whatever was left of my couch-potatoed life, and asked concernedly if I was alright. Because I was afraid this would happen, I had pulled out my cellphone (which at that time was neither connected to Internet nor had any potential of increasing my dignity as a young adult) before she rolled up and I began feigning distraction to cover up that I was not, in fact, okay. I glanced up from the screen to see embarrassment cross her face as she fell for my ploy, thinking that she had merely imagined the pale green color of my face. She quickly recovered herself and moved along. I, on the other hand, drooped back into the bench like a green bean left out in the sun to wilt away, realizing I would have to cancel my plans for the day and call for a shame-filled ride back home.

Thus, we come to the purpose of this year's fitness goals. I am not in it to lose weight, as the majority of Americans are planning hoping to do, and I am not trying to jump on the Better Body Now! bandwagon. Rather, my resolution is to get in shape so that I can be more active in my adventures and less fearful of my body's very limiting limitations. To do this, I hope to challenge my core, tone my arm and leg muscles, and prepare my body for a more pleasurable and longer-lasting lifestyle.


Workout Tech:
  • Smartwatch to monitor water intake, track steps/activity, keep time
  • Pandora-playing device for upbeat workout playlist

 Workout Snacks:
  • Granola for upping energy levels and maintaining organ health (along with a multitude of other benefits)
  • Water and fiber powder mix for attaining and maintaining healthy weight, along with promoting positive digestive health (as well as other benefits)


 If I have time in the morning, I like to do a 30-45 minute workout using 15 minutes for cardio (Zumba-style with videos found on YouTube), 15-20 minutes using my Fit Girl's Diary: Diamond Abs Workout, and wrapped up with a round of arm-targeted weightlifts, pushups, and squats. Once I have sweated enough for a day's worth of labor, I pamper myself with a nice long shower followed by a peppy breakfast of oats and granola and my fiber drink.

As I just started this workout routine with the Fit Girl's Diary abs challenge, I am still on the first training and practically dying after 3 rounds of straight leg raises, but I am relishing the pain as a sign of progress. After all, if you aren't feeling the burn, you aren't trying to earn.


What are your fitness goals for 2018?


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Shop this Look:   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hello Goodbye Panda: Ross  | Smart Watch: Jane  | Diamond Abs Workout: Fit Girl's Diary

xoxo,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for a lovely comment.