Tuesday, February 4, 2014

January Snapshots

 Bonjour! It's been a SUPER busy month (more excuses,right?), but here are some little things that stood out in January.



 First, the plunging temperatures that gripped the area and froze the snow cold in its tracks (my attempt at a pun). For some reason, my sister and I decided to go out and capture the beautiful sunset when it was below 0 outside. And I was stupid enough to go out with only shoes and boots on my lower legs (I advise not trying this at home). But it may have well been worth it when we saw the results. :)

 Second, after weeks of dealing with someone's vulgar graffiti on the rock in our yard, I finally got around to covering it up. And I think the neighborhood likes this graffiti better.

 Third, I got on my Valentine's Day wagon and started decorating already. In January. Above is the result of a pleasant Sunday afternoon with watercolors and a little inspiration. (I didn't notice until a week later that the splattering I had done on this had somehow reached my curtains. Oh well. At least they have a little more life in them now ;) ).


 Finally, the snowstorm that hit after the last outfit post left a beautiful white covering over the landscape, but unfortunately these were the best pics I got, considering I wasn't about to put myself outside of the front door unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. My solar-powered monkey seemed to enjoy the scenery too. :)


Until next time, which is likely to be after we are hit with yet another crazy snowstorm, and I am trapped inside with nothing else to do besides homework and blogging. May the best one win, as the unfortunate reality seems to be. I really should work on my procrastinating.

xoxo, Sara

1 comment:

  1. Painting rocks is something I've always wanted to do, but have never quite gotten around to actually, you know... doing. Nice job, ladies! :)
    ~ Country Girl's Daybook, recently posted: Crazy Cat Lady → http://bit.ly/1fsdaM7

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for a lovely comment.