Friday, February 14, 2014

Scalloped Lace and Chocolate Stars

post signatureHappy Valentine's Day! I hope love is making its way to you in some form (chocolate is my preferred).










 I saw this mug at Walmart and loved it. Guess what I ended up getting for Valentine's Day?




 This is why you avoiding sitting in snow if at all possible ^


So today I had a bag of chocolates, and I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day by handing it out. The first victim-- I mean, person-- graciously accepted a couple pieces, and then more later when I wasn't looking. The second person I offered candy to was sitting in the seat in front of my sister and I on the bus. He first asked me if it was poison, then cautiously took a couple and even more cautiously ate them. Now I am wondering just how a tiny, innocent-looking person like me could be mistaken for an evil-poisoned-chocolate-hander-outer. As if that guy wasn't suspicous of me enough, the third person I offered it to just looked at me and said, "Sorry. Random stranger." Because my sister and I had been talking about why people wouldn't except chocolate from random people right beside him before I offered it. The last guy was very appreciative and said, "Thank you! I forgot it was Valentine's Day." I noticed that the guy before this guy quite quickly walked away from my sister and I during this. But hey, I got three out of four people to take chocolate from me. Suspicious little me or not, chocolate is anyone's friend. :)

 Beginning next week, I will be doing Fashion Fridays, which will highlight a fashion tip worthy of sharing that comes from a fascinating book I found at the I.D.E.A. Store. Because we all have days where we wish we had a personal fashion advisor in our closet. Or at least I do. :)

Scalloped Lace Sweater| Peasant Top| Neon Skirt: Thrifted, Belt: Old

And why yes, yes I did crochet those hearts. Unfortunately, I am an amateur crochet-er and don't have the skills to share a pattern of it. However, if you are interested in making these you can most likely find a pattern online somewhere. :)

xoxo, Sara

May the chocolate be ever in your favor.

2 comments:

  1. I love that mug! How cute. :) I like your outfit, too!
    ~ Country Girl's Daybook, recently posted: There are crickets on the blog. http://bit.ly/1iZ5cNy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny story. (: And I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for a lovely comment.