Saturday, August 29, 2015

Part III: Striped Pastels and Macarons

Bonjour!








The school year has officially begun BUT the fun is just beginning. This year marks my final one in college and represents how far I've come since entering as a Freshman. I have made more friends than I can keep track of, have been more places than I epected, and have done things that I would have been too shy to do before. In fact, I think one of the best things college has done for me is to break my shell. And THAT was something that has held me back all my life.

Anyway, these pictures are from Florida and the great times had there. I discovered a macaron shop (!!!) in one of the malls we went to and I FINALLY got to try macarons for the first time. That was huge. Like bucket-list level. Not only was the shop adorable (as you can see from the pictures above), but the employee had a FRENCH ACCENT and I had to catch myself from falling over in wide-eyed, limp-jawed elation. Once I recovered, I asked her how to correctly pronounce "macaron" and have been saying it in my struggling French accent ever since. When I finally got to have a macaron I realized I don't actually care for the taste as much as I anticipated, but whatever. It was the whole eperience that was WORTH it.
 
I am going to try to be diligent with my posting as I get my study schedule figured out, so we'll see how that goes. As usual,

Adventure awaits!

Top: Ragstock | Bow Skirt: Romwe | Shoes: Shoetopia | Hot Pink Crossbody: Thrifted



1 comment:

  1. Love your story. I had a similar experience with trying macarons. I was so excited, but I didn't actually love how they tasted! But it's always fun to cross something off our bucket list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for a lovely comment.