Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A Peek at Destiny

Bonjour!!!!!!!!!

 I am excited to announce that *finally* I can say I am officially in the College of Education!

I started out at the U of I in General Studies, because I didn't know what I wanted to do.
Last spring, I was admitted to the School of Art and Design with the plan of becoming an art teacher. Only a few months later, I decided that teaching more subjects was where my passion lies (though I still very much love art), and thus had to transfer back to General Studies until this spring.
 Last month, I applied to the College of Education, hoping beyond hope that I didn't just throw away a career in art only to be turned down in Education, but today I got the message that I was accepted *!!!!!!!*
And now I am on my way to becoming an elementary teacher!! I have thus coined the phrase "TNT" to describe my current position (Teacher N Training). I can't WAIT to be able to take classes in a college that will be all mine for the rest of my college career.


I have already been teaching in an elementary school (it was required for applying to the college). Above is one example of what goes on when a *major* Jeopardy fan/art enthusiast/TNT is put in charge. Sometimes I have an idea that I think would be a lot of fun (for the students AND myself :D), and I have to really put my thinking cap on to try to relate it to a lesson. School should be about learning and having a good time doing it, shouldn't it?

I am currently working on creating a page specifically for lessons we do in Social Studies, and maybe sharing a bit of my teaching journey here on the blog. If you are a teacher, Teacher N Training, or just a student who knows what they want in a teacher, I would love to hear from you!

xoxo, Sara

2 comments:

Thank you for a lovely comment.