Monday, August 19, 2013

A Sunday Afternoon Stroll








post signatureDid I mention I'm obsessed with polka dots? Just a little bit. There is nothing better than a good floppy hat, a breezy skirt, and a Sunday afternoon in Florida.  Except for finding a church that rivals the one back home in belief and in practice, which we were unfortunately unable to do. I searched all of the churches in the area and finally settled on one that I felt would be satisfactory enough for a Sunday service. When we got there, however, we found a church that was different from ours in several aspects, the drums, the NIV, and the wishy-washy preaching. However, during the service the pastor gave us a warm welcome, and afterwards members of the congregation flocked to us to offer their own personal welcomes and best wishes. It was one of the friendliest churches I have ever been to, but I couldn't wait to get back to my home church. You never realize how good something is until you are away from it for a little while.

From one lady to another, once you've found a good church, it's like coming home. It just feels right.

Floppy hat: Walmart, Top: Thrifted, Skirt: Deb, Belt: Icing

xoxo, Lady S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for a lovely comment.