Saturday, September 21, 2013

Winged and Classy







 Happy weekend! Here at the Ladyhood we do not support polka dots, as you may have noticed from all of the outfits without polka dots in them. I mean, really, who likes dots anyway?! Obviously not me. I definitely do NOT have an obsession with polka dots. (You believe me, right?)

Ok, so there's a bit of a story behind these pictures. First of all, we had to go to Macy's to find a suit for my business-studying sister for the career fair. Basically, my other sister Samantha and I got dragged along to "help". So we were looking around at all of these super-expensive suit jackets and skirts (Samantha and I laughing at Macy's version of "Clearance"), when finally Ms. Fancy-Schmancy Business Major finds a couple of pieces to try on. I followed her into the dressing room just to make sure that I didn't look like a frumpy-looks-like-a-possible-shoplifter type. While in there, I found a rather large dressing room for handicapped people. I think it was as big as Samantha's bedroom (why is there a dressing room this big?!). Anyway, I coaxed Samantha into coming to look at it, and that's when the improvised (and completely random) photo shoot occurred. Fortunately, the dressing rooms were completely isolated, so we were able to do it quick before anybody walked in on us. 
When we were finally done, we walked out to find that the rest of our party was gone. And not in sight at all. At closing time. In a huge department store. So we wandered around a little bit, not really panicking until we hear the "We are now closing. Please bring your purchases to the counter for check-out" announcement. Then the frantic, awkward half-running and half-walking commences, and we caught sight of them twice and lost them twice. Finally, we decided to just go outside and wait for them by the car. On the way out, we run into an old friend who apparently works there. It took about 10 minutes before they finally came out with Ms. Business's $100+ suit. All I can say is, I'm glad I'm not going into business school.

Top: Walmart, Skirt: Thrifted, Clip: Glitter

xoxo, Sara

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following my blog Sara! You have a really sweet blog, I love the lace on the back of your blouse here too! x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for a lovely comment.